The Tikanga Toru Youth Commission belongs to the Anglican Church in Aotearoa-New Zealand & Polynesia.
Our purpose is to strengthen and support ministry to young people through advocacy, training, and fellowship. The Commission:
Governs Three Tikanga Youth Structures
Advocates for Youth Ministry throughout the Church
Acts as the Standing Committee for the Tikanga Youth Synod
Supports the Three Tikanga Youth Commissioner
To Disciple Young People to be Christ-centred in our Three-Tikanga Church.
We exercise unreasonable manaakitanga; not only are you welcome, but we’re committed to bridging any obstacle that stands in the way of us being together in Christ.
We work at high trust relationships; we are committed to speaking the truth in love, being open, honest, and vulnerable.
We listen to each other’s talanoa; together we have a thousand stories, of who we’ve been, who we are and who we will be—of God and God’s action. Every story, no matter the inconvenience of hearing or telling it, is important.
We operate with creativity and imagination; we have deep roots but we are not shackled to old ways of doing things. We are committed to asking, time and again, “What new work is God doing?”
We aspire to be edge-walkers; as God goes before us all, we are committed to embracing our calling to go to those on the margins and beyond.
- Lorna Gray, National Youth Advisor, Tikanga Pakeha.
- Losana Tongia, Tikanga Polynesia.
- Ruihana Paenga, Tikanga Maori (Deputy-Chair).
- Aroha Pumau Albert, Tikanga Maori.
- Lu'isa Tu'itavake, National Youth Coordinator, Tikanga Polynesia.
- Rosanna Williams, Tikanga Pakeha.
- O'Love Uluave, Tikanga Pakeha.
- Bishop Justin Duckworth -Tikanga Youth Liaison Bishop.
- Rev Michael Hughes, General Secretary.
- Fe'iloakitau Kaho Tevi, General Synod Standing Committee.
- Rochelle Grace, Ringa Arataki, Te Pihopatanga o Aotearoa.
- Guliano Bryce, Tikanga Polynesia (Chair).